Radio sound /Vivid crash issue

• Hi @Support Dasaita ,

I got a frequent issue with the Dasaita radio:
    When turning on the car (2017 Toyota C-Hr; unit set to auto-sleep), there is  no sound from the Radio app (it is still possible to change the station, but it remains with no sound).

I eventually found out that when pressing the Home (Side) button, Vivid OS restarts, and then the sound gets back. So I guess the problem is more linked to a Vivid crash.

I reset the device a couple of times, and made a version upgrade (Vivid 11 Version + MTCH), but it doesn’t fix the issue. Please find below the current version of the device:

Model: PX6 Android 11
    ROM Build:
    rk3399-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210705.001 eng.hct2.20230107.101728 release-keys
    Kernel Version:
    #154 Fri Dec 2 15:36.13 CST 2022
    MCU Version:
    MTCH_HA_v4.01_1
    Mar 21 2023 20:53:43

Thanking you in advance for your feedback;

• @Julien B Please kindly let us know if there is sound coming from other apps like music player and carplay music or ect. Hope  you can let us know so that we can locate the issue. Meanwhile, please let us know your order detail so that we can locate the manufacturer and reflect the issue accordingly. We will appreciate your prompt reply and understanding.

• Dear @Support Dasaita
    yes, sound from other apps is OK.

The device has been ordered on Dasaita.com on November 28, 2022 --> Order SP-DA2792

• @Julien B Thank you for getting back, in this case, we suggest you can make an upgrade and here is the instruction. 

Vivid 11 Version(Make Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 11)

telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230530)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5gcin0p8db5e95/telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota%2820230530%29.zip?dl=0

You can find the video as tutorial.(Ignore MCU upgrade)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoRDPOxqFXY

Here are some tips to help you get the work done:

1.Please download the document via your computer/laptop,  then use the WinZip application to unzip the file.

2.Please make sure to format the USB drive(FAT32 Format)/SD card before copying the update file to it.

3.Please ONLY put Update.zip file to USB drive/SD card.

*Please note that all data on this unit needs to be wiped before updating the system, so back up important date if necessary.

4.Finally click the Settings > System > System updates to start the update.

Hope the above helps, please feel free to get in touch if you need any further assistance.

• Dear @Support Dasaita , I have made the upgrade.

It didn't solve the issue at all: no radio at starting and, Vivid restarts when hitting Home button.
    Besides, new bugs appeared with this upgrade such as Waze or Maps launching randomly when pressing Waze shortcut or the Nav button on the side of the device.
    Another bug is waze freezing at launching. (I have uninstalled/reinstalled many times).

Can you please provide me with a proper solution in order to get a usable and stable device?

• @Julien B We are wondering if you could send us a video to demonstrate the situation that you mentioned above, we will forward to our manufacturer for further diagnosis and give you instruction accordingly. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• Dear @Support Dasaita
    here's a video showing the waze/map issue:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0sgjdtnu3u1gyp/Waze%20issue.mp4?dl=0

I'll send a video of the Radio issue as soon as I succeed recording it.

• @Julien B Sorry for the inconvenience. As to the issue of home button restarting, please kindly go to: Settings-car-factory settings-enter"126"-Key study to reset the function of the touch key. Here is a video tutorial for your reference, please note that one touch key can have 2 function, short press for the 1st and long press for another.

For the issue of the waze apps, we suggest you could try to open this apps via the home page, as there is a small bug about setting of shortcut. The default navigation map is google map. Please kindly let us know if waze could be used while you open it through the home page instead of shortcut.

In terms of the radio issue, we are wondering if you could go to: Settings-car-factory settings-enter"126"- Voice and adjust the Radio voice individually. 

Please let us know if the suggestion can help.

• Dear @Support Dasaita,
    I have reseted the touch keys. Despite this, Vivid keeps restarting randomly when pressing Home Button.

Regarding Waze, this "smal bug" is very annoying.
    At first press on Nav button, Waze is launched, and works well. But if I have to go on another app, or on home page, and want to return to Waze by pressing Nav button or the shortcut then Waze starts another time and then freezes. 
    The only way to get back to Waze with no crash is via the drop down menu of notification bar.

Radio issue keeps happening despite the fact that Radio voice is set correctly.

As a conclusion,  since the installation of telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230530) update, not only my initial radio issue keeps happening, but also I got to deal with multiple new bugs (Waze, Shortcuts, radio bookmarks duplication, Google assistant not working, etc...).

So I ask you to provide me with a proper solution to get a stable and usable device. I'm even ready to proceed to the removal of the device and return it in exchange of a working one if needed.

• @Julien B As to the issue of restarting randomly when pressing Home Button, we are wondering if you have done any touch key study on the factory settings page. It must be the home button has been set restarting when pressing which caused the issue. Meanwhile, we hope you can check if you have the Navigation button setting.

You can refer to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ciQdmd19g

Please note that we don't suggest you to upgrade the MCU by yourself as you couldn't judge if it's compatible and maybe it will cause malfunction of the head unit. 

Last but not least, please send us your order number so that we can record your issue.

• @Support Dasaita ,
    Firstly, I confirm that I did proceed to the key study and set each button with its original function.

Secondly, let me clarify what often happens when pressing Home button: it's not complete reboot, but Vivid OS that seems to restart (with Vivid logo showing up). 
    Please have a look on this video showing the typical behaviour of the device:
    1- After having started the car, the radio doesn't work.
    2- By pressing Home button, Vivid OS restarts, then radio works.
    3- When trying to get back to Waze via Nav button, Waze launchs again and then freezes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7th37jej5vg9jgo/20230626_180017.mp4?dl=0

Finally, the order number is SP-DA 2792

• @Julien B Please show us the photo attached below and make sure it is the same with ours, we would like to check with you. Meanwhile, as the video is too short that we couldn't locate the issue, would you mind recording a longer one to show the problem?

• @Support Dasaita, see:
    Key study

And here another video with my comments:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar1x7r0uh6uaaj8/20230629_160604.mp4?dl=0

• @Julien B From your video, you said that the radio worked, we are wondering if the radio issue has been resolved or not. As to the short cut touch key issue, we have forwarded to our engineer for further diagnosis, once received their reply, we will let you know.

• @Julien B Please try to upgrade this newest MCU: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9sdyk1k0hw0kleu3dbsd1/hmcu.img?dl=0&rlkey=c1lkgeic6y900g0shpdquinoe In the meanwhile, please factory reset your system.

• @Julien B Please try to upgrade this newest MCU: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9sdyk1k0hw0kleu3dbsd1/hmcu.img?dl=0&rlkey=c1lkgeic6y900g0shpdquinoe

In the meanwhile, please factory reset your system. We are wondering if you could try to set up google map as a default map and check if it can be activated by pressing the shortcut on the left.

• @Support Dasaita, thank you for the MCU update. I have installed it after having reseted the device to factory settings.

When Google Map is set to default app, the Nav button works well. But when Waze is set as default, button launches Waze or Map randomly.

In fact all the issues remain the same despite the MCU update: Radio not working, Nav button random launch and shortcuts waze/map bug.
    Besides, I had a couple of times an Error Message saying "Vivid stopped working" or something like that.

• @Julien B As your order was settle on 2022-11-28, we are wondering if it worked OK until you contacted with us about the issue. 

It seems that the waze map is not that compatible with our navigation system, could you please just use the google map.

Meanwhile, please kindly let us know if you have already check the cable on the back side of the stereo, especially the raidio cable. 

Lastly, please kindly send us a photo to show us the error message that you mentioned.

• @Support Dasaita, the only issue I had when I contacted you was the radio problem. This issue occurs since the installation of the device. As I was fed up to cope with this problem, I contacted you here.

Waze, shortcuts, etc… were working perfectly. Bugs come up with the installation of telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230530) update you asked me.

So I cannot believe that “waze map is not that compatible with our navigation system” and that you advise me to use Google Map instead as I purchased a full price Android device in order to use my usual apps (it’s one of your sales pitches).

I did check the Antenna cable, it is well connected (note that I don’t understand “check if the pin is bending on this plug”).

As a reminder, the radio starts working after I press the Home button, which makes Vivid OS restarts. (see my previous videos). From my basic knowledge, the radio would never work if there was a connection issue.

I understand it is not easy for you to identify the actual problem, but it seems that we go round in circles here. So, in order to not waste more time (yours and mine), can’t we just proceed to the return/exchange of the head unit so that you can proceed to all the checks/updates you need?
    Thanks for letting me know.

(I'll try to snapp the error message if not too dangerous while driving)

• @Julien B According to the video that you sent us, the sound can be heard from the radio apps, we could not understand the what do you meant that there was no sound come from the radio apps. Would you mind further demonstrate? 

We have a new version to solve some bugs of the head unit and we are still testing. 

• 1 / 2