PX6 MAX10 - Android 10 - Android auto won't launch

• hello,

i've been struggling to get android auto to work on my dasaita. I have a pixel7 phone.
    wireless connection is messy, works maybe 50% of the times.
    cabled connection is kinda better but still buggy.

both my unit and zlink are not updated, but i am not sure which updates fit my unit. any advice would be much appreciated, thank you

• @Cristiano Casu 

i am assuming that you are trying it wirelessly.

Your unit (or at least your zlink version) does not allow Android Auto wireless.

• @Cristiano Casu According to the zlink version that you provided, we would like to tell you that your head unit only support wired and wireless carplay and wired Android Auto, though you update the version, it will not activate the wireless Android auto connection. Hope you can understand.

• @Cristiano Casu Update the latest version may improve the wired Android Auto, would you kindly try?

• Hello, @Support Dasaita 

I understand but it is weird since wireless android auto works really well when connected. but sometimes it does not connect at all, and it doesn't do it automatically most of the times. I started having big troubles with the latest android updates

How can I update zlink? When I try trough the app itself it gives an error. I tried to download an apk from internet but it says that I need an unlocked OS to have it working. Is it possible to get a file that I can use please?

I was also considering getting an USB wireless Android Auto device from amazon, would that work on the unit?

• I also know that I cannot update the unit to android 11, but I would like to update the current android 10 with the latest patches I have seen on the forum, would that be advisable? @Support Dasaita 

• @Cristiano Casu Updating to the Lastest MAX10 or VIVID10 available firmware you will get ZLINK 5.X.X version.... in that version there is no Zlink icon anymore, but two specific Carplay and Android Auto Icons to launch Zlink.

You dont need to upgrade to Android 11, as same features and zlink versions are involved on latest A10 and A11 build firmwares

• @Cristiano Casu Here is the latest firmware of MAX10. You can buy wireless Android auto play box to activate wireless android auto. 

MAX10 VersionMake Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 10

HA3_rk3399_10.0_ota(20230803) 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/sy068zz4tgokutkfhuwkt/update.zip?rlkey=uuhukuun3882rz4cyqxsgs9k6&dl=0

• @Iker Gomez @Support Dasaita thank you very much to all of you. I really appreciate the help.
    I will let you know how it goes once the update is done

• No luck this far.
    I formatted the USB to FAT32, loaded the update.zip file in it but the unit won't recognise it.
    I tried tapping on MCU update, it says "MCU file not found".
    I tried unzipping the update, still no luck.

In the firmware update topic I see there should be an MCU file somewhere to be put inside the USB unit together with the update file, but I was not able to find it. Any insight? What am I missing? thank you.

• Nevermind, I changed the usb port and the update went flawlessly.
    I am enjoying the new verion so far, android auto works perfectly both wireless and cabled so far.
    I hope it will keep working like this because it is just perfect right now

• @Cristiano Casu Ciao posso chiederti se hai copiato tutta la cartella update nella chiavetta usb? formattata in fat 32, perchè nella cartella ci sono tanti file non c'è solo il file mcu come si vede in alcuni video di dimostrazione su youtube come installare l'aggiornamento grazie

• @ciro spagnuolo No, you don't have to unzipped the update file. Here is the video tutorial, you can refer to it.

------------------

No, non è necessario decomprimere il file di aggiornamento. Ecco il video tutorial, potete fare riferimento ad esso.

https://youtu.be/xoRDPOxqFXY

• @Cristiano Casu I also had AA running wirelessly. It would connect and work fine - no cables. Then it stopped connecting just like yours did. I have the Max10 HD running Android 10.

• @Cristiano Casu did you use one of the [2] USB dual ports to install the update?

Thanks

• @Em D You could use either of the 3 USB ports to install the update. (Make sure that there is no 3rd-part accessory was connected with the USB port.)

MAX10 VersionMake Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 10

HA3_rk3399_10.0_ota(20230803) 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/sy068zz4tgokutkfhuwkt/update.zip?rlkey=uuhukuun3882rz4cyqxsgs9k6&dl=0

• @Support Dasaita Thank you for your reply. I tried resetting my unit with a paperclip in the reset hole. Result was the glass cracked, resembling a "bullet hole" look by the reset/mic buttons on top left corner of the screen. Since it is touch. I tried scrolling in recovery mode but all it did was reboot. When I try the reset using the reset hole carefully, it turns off the screen. Pressing it again brings the (home) screen back up but will not go back into recovery mode. I think something is wrong.  Please advise.

• @Em D We are wondering if your procedure is not correct. Could you please shot a video of how you proceed the update so that we could diagnose accordingly?