Honda Phone Calling Support Questions

• I purchased Vivid 10 in the middle of November 2023 for my US 2013 Honda Accord EX M6, with steering wheel controls for phone calling, and seperate buttons for volume, mode, and channel. It has taken me weeks to get the installation correct because Dasaita was unware of Honda implementation

Let me ask my question first, then I will provide background.

Question:

How to program Dasaita such that when the "speak" steering wheel button is depressed, the phone app is displayed, and the microphone search option is enabled. The speak button and the other two phone buttons are recognized and can be taught to steering wheel learning, but how to achieve voice commands to phone calling via that speake steering wheel button ?

Background:

It turns out that my Honda, and other Honda models, used an external Bluetooth radio called HFL (Hands Free Link), mounted behind dashboard. Different Hondas mount in different places. The HFL unit before Dasaita upgrade would display phone operations on TFT upper screen. My Honda only has upper screen. Upper screen does support backup and side mirror camera with Dasaita but did not support HFL upon initial installation of cable bundle that came with Dasaita. After weeks of research and evaluating Honda steering wheel electric schematics, I realized there is a seperate HFL unit that is connected to the steering wheel 3 phone buttons. I connected appropriate pin from HFL cable  (after disconnecting HFL) to Key 1 wire of Dasaita. So all three steering wheel buttons are recognized by Dasaita now.

I prefer the HFL over the phone app in the Dasata as it had more functions, such as real hands free calling. Ideally Dasaita should have interfaced to HFL bluetooth radio for phone calling, but it does not appear to support that connection. Instead, I feel the limited Dasaita phone app must support the speak button on the steering wheel for true hands free operation.  Please do not say use Car play and Siri instead, I know that. I want speak button on steering wheel to work as it did with OEM radio and HFL, functionally speaking. Perhaps there is a better phone app for Dasaita. Perhaps there is a way to learn that button as per my expectations, to provide true phone hands free operation.

I feel Dasaita was unaware of external HFL unit and must address this with better firmware/software and better end user documentation. Yesterday I upgraded Dasaita with latest software OTA via wifi.

Thank you,

Jonathan