New update to Dasaita Scout from.Vivid 11

• When the update did an automatic install, it essentially bricked my head unit.  The factory usb port wouldnt charge my phone, phone wouldnt connect to zlink, NONE of the USB ports worked at all.  I had to roll back to factory firmware, then update to tye one right before the new scout version.  And it still isnt working right like it did.  The factory back up camera is dark, cannot make it brighter.  Cannot use WAZE from the apps bar, it opens google maps, I have to launch waze from the app screen.  Click on the map widget, it doesnt open waze, it open google maps, even though i have waze set as default.  If you disable google maps, then none of the buttons work on the screen, you have to resrart vivid to reenable maps.  Why would DASAITA force an update to SCOUT when vivid worked just fine?  Scout maps doesnt appeal to me, as I have used Waze for years.  Also, i have mifi internet in my car, and seems like vivid wants to stay constantly connected to it.  Along with bluetooth constantly trying to connect to my phone, even when i turn it off, on reboot starts all over again.  

• @James Mueller We would like to tell you that Vivid is one of the UI of scout, in this case, we just combine 2 firmware together. Regarding to your issue, we have not received from other customers. Would you kindly send us your order number and shot a video to show us your situation? Your understanding and cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita i will do that, do i email it to support?  I downgraded back to the update prior to the new scout update and have not updated since.  My backup camera is really dark, unable to make it brighter, when you pin a button to start it pins double buttons, also when i cl8ck on the waze button on the start bar it opens only google maps, regardless of setting.  I will shoot a video and email it to support, or upload the video to me dropbox and send the link as email doesnt like large files.

• @James Mueller We are wondering if you could go to the About machine and send us your current build number and MCU as your problem seems not appear in our current firmware now. 

• Here is my order number, 

Order SP-DA3085

I purchased it Feb, 1 2023

Here is the photo you asked for.  Keep in mind I downgraded back to the NON scout version, as it disabled my usb ports, all of them, it also wouldnt connect to zlink via usb, and many other strange things.

• Also, here is a video of how dark my bavkup camera has become, before updates it was nice and bright and clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4jjjonjyy4yccvwylgbxr/20240206_100540.mp4?rlkey=xdqt0kk4ron8p9f28xifil6rz&dl=0

• Here is the forced update image that dasaita is trying to push OTA

• @James Mueller Hi customer, your firmware(Build Number 20230728) is an old one whose bug has already been solved in the latest one. Please update our latest firmware.

Vivid 11 Version Make Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 11(Scout maps are only available for the US and will be hidden in other areas.)

telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20231208)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v1i0my6sqzrd5fvmj53bs/update.zip?rlkey=6fzaenktzor2zx58sg9iau0sg&dl=0

• I dis that update, and it is the one that disables the usb ports and also FORCES scout UI which i dont want

• @James Mueller We would like to tell you that both scout and vivid are made by Telenav, they are same UI of the company and we just combine the advantage of them together. If you mind the left widget, we would like to tell you that we will make an upgrade of it in the next firmware. 

Regarding the "disables the usb ports", if you still encounter that issue, please show us in a video, we will forward to the manufacturer for help.

• my head unit up dated to scout and thing not the same and when i press the maps on the main screen no scout maps come up but google.   it should not be allowed to update in the uk if there is only usa got maps 

i have tried to delete it but it still the same accept the icon got removed and i no longer see vivid 11 start up and i would like to go back to that please will you help me   my email address is stevehughes50@hotmail.co.uk and i purchased it june 2023 also can you tell me how i can get poi for campsites for motorhomes

• @Stephen Hughes We are wondering if you want to switch back the vivid version without Scout. Here is the firmware for it.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/h1lpmcly5exu3k7kry6qf/update.zip?rlkey=ehs221z0h18b80fkbh71ycic7&dl=0