Android G12 Screen Blackout

• @Support Dasaita Hi, I'm occasionally experiencing some screen glitches that would lead to a complete blackout of the display. The only way to get it working normally is to shut the car off, wait about a minute, then start the car again.

This sometimes happens during a drive, and I can't keep pulling over to shut the car off and on just to have a functioning display...

What I've done so far :

* Update firmware to zst27_sc138_12_(20240111)

* Installed Canbus APK from another issue to this unit

Just to note, the screen glitch occurred before these changes were made to the system. I'm just noticing it happens more often now.

• A few things I can think of, Tony. First, I'd pull the unit and reseat all harness connections and make sure they're all "clicked" in. Secondly, I've rarely seen this (but it happens) with other Android head units when one of the unused yellow video/cam inputs is shorting against something behind the dash. 

Aside from those things to check, Dasaita support would have to advise further on other possibilities. 

• @Jeff Johnson

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give it a try.

• @Tony T Hi, please try to plug and unplug the cables on the back side to check if there is unsecure connection due to the screen glitches. If you have already done but the problem still persist, we have a new firmware, would you like to have try of it?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8zk7wgbi2y2hksjfmzrfx/update.zip?rlkey=b3qocp50630sq8ob40d7iwg6t&dl=0

Please feedback if the new one could help get the problem resolved.

• @Support Dasaita Hi, I was able to try this update, and the problem is still there. My screen would still glitch out randomly... Now a new problem since this update. Sometimes, when I start the car, there is no display at all. I can hear the button press tone, but nothing is showing on screen.

Also, in the middle of operation, the unit just turns completely black without glitching.

I checked and reseated all of my cables and wrapped any exposed or unused wires with Tessa tape, so I know they are not rubbing against anything they should. 

so far, I went from firmware QCM6125_20231017-1733 to QCM6125_20240111-1739 to QCM6125_20240306-1554.

• @Tony T Hi customer, could you shot a video to demonstrate the issue that you mentioned, we are wondering if the screen is black or dark blue instead, did you hear any sound when you touch the screen. We will keep waiting your video. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita I'll try to get a video when it does happen again. Yes, there was sound when I touched the screen when it went black. 

• @Support Dasaita I got a video of the unit glitching out. The problem gets worse if i turn the brightness up more. 

• @Tony T We have reflected the issue to the manufacturer and they are improving the software now, once getting their reply, we will let you know.

• @Support Dasaita any updates?

• @Tony T Please go to the System update app and connect to internet and then update the system. In the meanwhile download the MCU below and go to Settings > system > MCU update. Please check if the MCU version is 4.11 after you have proceed the update.

MCU(4.11): https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c1xr7zpqpham59rjv4k61/hmcu.img?rlkey=efj9n5chzyr7omhll4eqv7b4b&dl=0

• @Tony T Hi there, we are wondering if your problem has been resolved after the update of the system and MCU.

• @Support Dasaita I couldn't get the MCU update to work. I have provided videos showing the latest system update and the failed MCU update. 

• @Tony T Please download the MCU(4.11): https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c1xr7zpqpham59rjv4k61/hmcu.img?rlkey=efj9n5chzyr7omhll4eqv7b4b&dl=0

And then go to Settings > System and update the MCU.