Internal Mic "dead", no input for external Mic

• Hi

Since 3 months I own the head unit for the Subaru Forester. Until now I used the internal micro, but this no longer works. So I wanted to connect the external microphone so that I can call again. Surprised I had to realize that my head unit has no microphone input. This corresponds neither to the images on the Internet nor on the cover of the head unit. Why is this so? Can I not connect a microphone now? I find this a bit unusual. What does Dasaita say about this? i buy directli by Dasaita. Instead of a microphone input, I have an HDMI output which does not have an HDMI connector.

p1 

• You have the most recent motherboard in which the hdmi output was removed....bit backcases are reutilized from previous models...that's why the hdmi out is still marked.

As far as I know all the dasaita models Have mic input (my mazda cx5 unit is like yours - with three hdmi out removed- but it has the microphone jack.port)...

Did you check if there is some kind of wire that allowed using the stock car microphone as external ?

• Thank you for your reply! But I am very disappointed Dasaita does not respond!

As you can see from the photos, I do not have a microphone input on the device. I will take a better picture of the device at the next opportunity. I have really no microphone input but received a microphone to plug in.

• @Pat Ti that is strange... as far as I know all the units have both internal and external microphone but perhaps your unit is connected by canbus or by the common plug to the stock Subaru microphone.

Check on the factory settings 》 canbus if there is an option there

• There is no option in the canbus-settings...

actually, i would otherwise be satisfied with the device, however, someone from dasaita should also get in touch. i could therefore not recommend dasaita now and my colleague will get an alternative device.

• @Quick Yuan is there really a device without a microphone jack port?

• @Pat Ti 

It seesm you have the most recent Motherboard. The Microhpne NOW goes by USB.... on the wires you have a a set with 2 USB + jack port. The jack port is for the external microphone. Did you receive a manual instruction with your unit? i think this image is included:

• Thank you Iker for your effort. I removed the radio to look, but I only have a double-USB cable without this microphone input. So I guess I just got the wrong cable. Then I have to look where I get a correct cable

• @Pat Ti 

I have consulted your issue with Dasaita (Quick Yuan) ...he think it could be a mistake during packaging (the usb sent must be 2+mic instead of 2usb only)

please contact amazon@dasaita.com with the issue, your unit model and the Purchase order you have....they will contact you back in order to send you the correct usb wire.

• written 2 months ago, unfortunately never received reply nor the necessary correct cable. 

• even a month later no response from dasaita and the necessary part unfortunately not received! 

as it looks I am also not the only one:

https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/59613/i-ve-run-out-of-patience-with-dasaita-support-how-do-i-return-my-head-unit

• maybe someone knows where I get such a cable (10 pin to double USB an Jack)? Otherwise the head unit is unusable for making calls

• @Pat Ti how many pins is the current smusb cable you have?

If it is 10 pin too then I can share with you the schematic to add the female jack to that cable

• Tahnks Iker. it is a 10 pin connector of which only 8 are occupied. but I still have enough connectors with which I can tinker. would be very grateful for a tutorial!

• @Pat Ti the mic plug is a 3 wire jack female (is the cable.on the left)

• red wire (left channel) to pin 1 ,
    • black wire (ground) to pin 6 and
    • white wire (right channel) to pin 7

The USBs are pinned as follows:

• Black wires (both) to pin 2 .
    • Green usb1 to pin 3. Green USB 2 to pin8  
    • White usb1 to pin 4. White USB 2 to pin9.
    • Red usb1 to pin5. Red usb2 to pin10

• Thanks for your Support. My Microphone has 

My microphone cable which I have now cut has only 2 cables, so this solution does not work. So I guess all possibilities are exhausted since Dasaita does not respond. Will we now just do everything that Dasaita sells as few products as possible, such customer support is extremely annoying!

• @Pat Ti probably with two wires is enough....i would splice your channel wire into two wires in order to feed both channels (but probably with only one channel is enough)....is a ver easy fix 

• A friend of my, he works as an auto electrician, make me that cable from the manual form Iker because Dasaita never replied or send me the right cable. And what a surprise, it doenst work! On all others topics Dasaita respond, not in this one. I almost believe, that this microphone solution never worked.