Issue with updating MAX10 to VIVID10

• Hello,

I recently purchased VIVID10 but that unit was out of stock so they sent me MAX10 and then I could update it to VIVID. I've done the necessary steps but when it reloads it stuck on Subaru logo. Can anyone help?

• @Iker Gomez it seems you're the rock star on here, any suggestions? :) 

• @Mike Dawoud 

you have to enter into recovery menu and there force the last Vivid 10 OTA upgrade

Prss the RESET pinhole with a toothpick or similar and leave pressed until you see the recovery menu

Download the latest VIVID10 available OTA update from the Firmware section of this forum

• @Iker Gomez ok sounds good and thanks for getting back to me. Although, I do recall the head unit showing 11 during startup. I think they sent me MAX11 and I flashed VIVID10, similar issue as @Jorden Peacock I believe as I saw in another thread. Do I proceed downloading the latest VIVID10?

• You have to use a OTA for the version you seen on the boot image. download then the latest VIVID 11 OTA available and put it on a fresh FAT32 formatted SDCard...and insetrt it on the unit... (on the chassis lateral - you have to unmounto from car to access SDcard slot.)

Boot with your sdcard insterted....and try the reset button to the recovery menu appear....if success.....apply the OTA upgrade from the same Receoery Menu by means of using the SDcard as update source

• Thanks I purchased a SDCard and getting ready to try rebooting the unit. Quick question, is the mcu file necessary with the OTA upgrade?

• @Quick Yuan please assist me with my issue. I can't get the unit to reboot to recovery mode after pressing RST for 15 seconds.