Wireless Android Auto failing to initialize on head unit.

• Wireless Android Auto fails to initiate with my head unit. It did work just fine for months but has stopped working.

I THINK it's because I needed to rest the touch detection for my screen, and during that process, I believe some factory settings got adjusted. I've tried everything I can think of, including cycling through all BT chip types multiple times, and it will not initialize. I have BT connection and music streaming working with "BT SD-816" selected.

Two different phones have been used trying to get this to work again, both of which work fine plugged into the head unit. Both phones detect that Wireless Android Auto is available, but the head unit fails to do anything once the blue tooth connects.

The WiFi chip on the head unit works, and I can connect it to my Phone's Hotspot, and my phone can connect to its Hotspot. 

Can someone (with working Wireless Android Auto) upload screenshots of all the factory settings for their head unit so I can see if I need to adjust my settings?

• @Joshua Thomas

What Zlink version so you have installed?

go to Zlink settings and deactivate BAckground connection.

It will not automatically connect Android Auto until you press Android Auto icon, but it is more reliable connection.

What Zlink version so you have installed?

• Thank you for the suggestion,  but there is no change with cycling the "Background Connection" on or off.

I can get it to connect if I do the following in factory settings. Under (App/CarPlay) I change the selected application from ZLink to Multiplay, then restart the system. Once it has booted back up and bluetooth is connected go back into factory setting and select ZLink, apply changes without restarting and then it will automatically connect.

Once the phone disconnects or the unit resets due to power off, it no longer works.

Zlink version is V5.3.31

Headunit firmware version is "rk3399-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210705.001 eng.hct2.20230107.101728 release-keys"

• @Joshua Thomas I think there is newer firmware goe Android 11 units....check it after updating it

• @Joshua Thomas I think there is newer firmware goe Android 11 units....check it after updating it

• @Iker Gomez The most current firmware on the site does not work. The headunit says it is invalid.

I've tried it with a known good USB drive (I've updated this headunit with it before) and two others.

• I'm having the same issue. It was working great, and now it's not working at all. I've reset the headunit to factory defaults and even got a new phone and it's still not working. 

• @Joshua Thomas @Jason Vollmer Sorry for the inconvenience. In this case, please try the following steps.

1.Try to update the android auto app in your phone and retry to connect wireless android auto.

2. If no luck, try to use wired Android auto to check the bluetooth

You can also message us of your phone model and order detail of the headunit, we will try our best to solve the problem.

• @Support Dasaita 

After two months, Wireless it's still not working. Android Auto has been updated and is currently up-to-date.

USB connection Android Auto works just fine. Bluetooth Streaming works just fine.

While in the "Z-link" app and streaming music through BT, the notification in the top right corner of the app tells you to connect to "Carlink BT."

The phone is Samsung S22 Ultra; while connected to the head unit, it says that Wireless Andriod Auto is available and to continue on the head unit. 

I updated to the latest available firmware last night, and there has been no change. The firmware still has the date for the previous version when looking at the build information.

• @Joshua Thomas did you noticed if while on zlink welcome screen the unit is sharing wifi? If so....are your phone accepting that connection?

For wireless AA the unit shares the wifi connection to the phone. Normally that process is automatic but perhaps you have to enable that connection and allow to always accept the connection when available.

• @Iker Gomez 

The head unit does not seem to auto share the WiFi connection. Going in and forcing the Hotspot connection on and accepting the connection on my phones does not make Wireless AA launch.

The only way I have been able to get it to connect it to go into factory settings, change the "CarPlay" from "Z-Link" to "MultiPlay" and then exit, telling it to restart the system. 

Once the system is up and BT has connect I can go back in to factory settings and change it back from "MultiPlay" to "Z-Link". Then I exit WITHOUT restarting the system and after about five seconds Wireless AA launches and connects without issue.

Upon the next time the headunit starts Wireless AA no longer connects.

• @Joshua Thomas Hi there, we are wondering if you can see the logo we attached below which indicates that tethering is successful before you use wireless android auto.