Vivid11 - Radio signal after auto-sleep

• Hi, 

my unit was purchased from aliexpress on June 17th 2022. 

SKU: Vivid10-CP-HD-CB015

order bumber: 8151360430735602

• @Guillem Martínez We are wondering if you have tools and abilities to test the fuse of your car and the headunit. Meanwhile, if there's not any error of the fuse. Please try to replug the coreboard under the following instruction.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssskbv9klxjneh6/%E6%8B%94%E6%8F%92%E6%A0%B8%E5%BF%83%E6%9D%BF.mp4?dl=0

Please kindly feedback us if the solution can help.

• @Support Dasaita Hi,

I have checked the fuses with a multimeter amb they're OK.

Also reseated the coreboard as seen on the video and the unit is still dead.

Also I vade tried to plug the radio on an external power supply (I'm using a standard PC power supply, using SATA power cable, yellow for +12V and black for GROUND) connecting GROUND to PIN 15 and +12V to pin 16 with no luck (as shown on the label printed on the unit).

• @Guillem Martínez We are wondering if you can return the head unit to our warehouse to return.(Note: You have to bare the return shipping fee) Please kindly let us know your advice and you can contact with us via aliexpress or via email(support@dasaita.com)

• @Support Dasaita 

I have been able to revive my unit. Using Android Tool 2.58 and 20220307_Dasaita_PX6_A11_Vivid_fullupdate.img I have been able to restore the "recovery mode" and using FactoryTool-1.72.7-1 I have been able to flash full image using a male usb-A to male usb-A and a windows computer (I have installed the drivers).

With this the unit boots and vivid 11 asistain pop up but when I get to the Wifi configuration page, no wifi networks are displayed/found. If I try to enabl wifi, it disables a second after. Next page is an error activating vivid.

After this, I have booted the unit in recovery mode and flashed the OTA update here: https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/36770/firmwares 

I have tried all three OTA's and the result is always the same, Wifi can't be enabled.

On Logs section of the recovery mode I have found this: 

• @Guillem Martínez We are wondering if you can go to the reset option to make a factory reset and reset the network as well. Please feedback us if it can help. If not, please kindly send us the builtnumber and MCU of the item and we will diagnose if it is the latest and forward to our engineer for instruction.

• @Support Dasaita 

I have managed to get everything working again. I have flashed (via system update menu on android) telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20220413), started up the unit and the wifi was detected ok. Once the unit was configured I updated it with telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230107) and now everything is working properly.

Build number: rk3399-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210705.001 eng.hct2.20230107.101728 release-keys

Kernel Version: 4.19.193 #154 Fri Dec 2 15:36:13 CST 2022

MCU Version: MTCH_HA_V4.01_1 Mar 21 2023 20:53:43

• @Guillem Martínez We are wondering if you can update the 20230425 version to check if the wifi issue can be resolved. Here is the download link.

https://scout-ivi.s3.amazonaws.com/vivid/20230425/telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230425).zip  

Please kindly feedback us if the solution can help and your cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita 

Hi,

I have updated my unit with the firmware you provided and everything seems to be fine:

Build number: rk3399-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210705.001 eng.hct2.20230425.093142 release-keys

Kernel Version: 4.19.193 #429 Wed Mar 8 18:03:21 CST 2023

MCU Version: MTCH_HA_V4.01_1 Mar 21 2023 20:53:43

Android security update: July 5, 2021

Google Play system update: February 1, 2021

• @Guillem Martínez Do you mean that the wifi issue has been solved? If so, we are glad to hear that and if you have other issue, please feel free to contact with us.

• @Support Dasaita 

it's been a while but now, gps is not working. It suddently stoped working. Antenna connection is fine but the unit can't get any gps satellite signal (my phone gets signal from 24 satellites) and also the location icon on the notification bar is missing.

any suggestion?

• @Guillem Martínez Would you mind taking a photo to show us the situation that occured so that we can better locate the issue and offer solution accordingly? Please kindly take a photo to show us the MCU and the built number in the same time.

• @Support Dasaita 

Nevermind, GPS antenna was unplugged. I reconnected it and everything works now. My bad.

• @Support Dasaita 

I have very similar issue with radio sounds coming and going random on restarts. Also zlink is very unstable.

I am on Android 11 - PX6 - MAX11 right now, currently running on my Camry 2012:

rk3399-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210705.001 eng.hct2.20220704. 105700 release-keys

MTCH_HA_V3.80_1

I'd like to move to VIViD and upgrade to most recent MCU available for my model.

I only have Mac (no windows) if that matters. Let me know the link I can use to safely upgrade. I want to make sure I don't brick the radio.

If it is safer, I could stay on Max11 but most recent version. Please provide MCU most recent, and both vivid and Max11 most recent links for this model.

• @Philippe Marsteau We don't suggest you try to update the MCU, please kindly update the version to the latest MAX. Here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ye2ia7nmb9d7cn7z9n424/update.zip?dl=0&rlkey=m14rlfbbz5fdig0mpjmn8ycw8

Please let us know if you have done any update before. If NOT, make sure that you follow the instruction below.

1.Please download the document via your computer/laptop.

2.Please make sure to format the USB drive(FAT32 Format)/SD card before copying the update file to it.

3.Please ONLY put Update.zip file in the root directory of the USB drive/SD card.

4.Please note that all data on this unit needs to be wiped before updating the system, so back up important data if necessary.

1. Finally click the Settings > System > System updates to start the update.

• @Support Dasaita sorry went ahead with MCU Version: MTCH_HA_V4.01_1 and it successfully patched. Also upgraded to most recent MAX11. However, i prefer the VIVID interface. I have installed the VIVID launcher, but it seems long to boot (even if the radio does not cold start, like wakeup after sleep), and every so often, hitting the "Home" icon prompts me to select a launcher (VIVId or the "Launcher" one, which i asusme is the MAX11 default launcher), asking for selecting "once" or "always". I select 'always" but yet, every so often, it pops up with the question again.

I wonder if i shouldn't upgrade to VIVID11 instead of using the launcher VIVID Car Launcher from app store. If you think it is better, can you provide me the most recent VIVID11 ROM that i can upgrade from MAX11?

• @Philippe Marsteau We would like to tell you that we haven't put the MTCH_HA_V4.01_1 on our firmware page so if that caused any malfunction, it will out of warranty. Here is the latest vivid version.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/htoa38vxybhs3es/rk3399_11.0_vivi_20230617%E5%8D%87%E7%BA%A7%E5%8C%85.rar?dl=0

• @Support Dasaita  this is the link provided by your team on this thread for MCU

• @Philippe Marsteau Did you received it from our official email? Or on other topic that we sent to specific customer?

• It was for same kind of MTCH for similar problem in this very thread. Can this be reverted once upgraded if you think it was good for one customer but not for me?