Vivid11 - Radio signal after auto-sleep

• @Philippe Marsteau Have you finished the version upgrade that we provided in the previous message?

• I did not, i am now having issue when the radio wakes up from standby. If I unplug the fuse or have the car idle for a very long time the radio boots properly and everything works fine. But if i turn the car ignition off, and restart not very long after, screen remains black. Do you think it is due to MCU or due to MAX11 version from Jan 2023 (in this thread)?

• Do you recommed me upgrade to VIVID11 build you sent me (when car radio starts) or should I get a more recent version of MAX11? Or should I revert the MCU to a more stable build?

• @Philippe Marsteau We are wondering if you can go to the path and make extra settings about the waking up of the stereo:  Settings > Car > Extra Settings > Shutdown Delay when ACC off

• Standby setting @Support Dasaita I don't want the radio to cold boot every time I turn on the car. Right now I have it set to "standby". 

• @Philippe Marsteau The settings is correct, is there any help with the booting rate?

• @Support Dasaita  No it does not help. Yesterday, it went off again, had to use a pin on the RST button and it took at least 4-5 attempts (tried to hold for 20-30sec, or just on/off the RST several time), and eventually it started again, but this is very random. The rest of the day, it had started several times without issue.

Looks like the radio does not properly recognize the "ignition ON/OFF" signal properly. The weird part is that the light on the left (if i move my car HEAD light to on) will render blue as soon as ignition is on. If i stop the car, the buttons shut down, if i start it they light up immediately. But the boot/wakeup signal seems not properly triggered. 

Is a revert of the MCU an option? or it can only go up, never down a version?

• @Support Dasaita  any suggestion? I have the radio not booting at least once per day. The RST button also works randomly. I believe I press vertically for 15-20 sec and it is a hit or miss. Need to retry several times and eventually it boots up in recovery mode. Then restart and then boots properly.

please advise

• @Philippe Marsteau Hi there, would you please let us know your order number so that we can locate your order detail and forward the issue to our technician for further assistance. Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita Amazon order number 112-1553769-3673022

• @Philippe Marsteau We are wondering if you can upgrade the version to the vivid 11 directly, which may get your problem resolved. 

https://scout-ivi.s3.amazonaws.com/vivid/6.3.3533/20230708/telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_image(20230708%2Blogo).zip

• I am already running vivid 11. Do you want me to upgrade to more recent build? I have June 8th build right now.

• @Philippe Marsteau The latest version is  July 8 and we have repaired some of the bug. Would you kindly try to update that version we sent you in the previous message?

• I installed latest version. Still issue persists. Randomly does not go to sleep properly and eventually won't boot. After waiting a bit and switching ignition on will start again. Looks like an issue with detecting the ignition on when going on sleep, but randomly so. When it boots up after a situation where it wouldn't boot, i noticed it is going through a full boot.

• @Philippe Marsteau Hi there, you may have to upgrade the MCU in the same time and here is the MCU file. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9sdyk1k0hw0kleu3dbsd1/hmcu.img?rlkey=c1lkgeic6y900g0shpdquinoe&dl=0

Please download the file and put it to the USB's directory. Make sure the name of the file is hmcu.img. Then please navigate to the Settings>system>MCU update. And send us the photo to show the MCU again, we will check if it's successful.

Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita Is this new version higher than 4.01? For me 4.01 has been solid.

• @Richard Smith The version is 4.04, we found that we haven't received your message for a long time. Please kindly let us know if the previous issue of your stereo has been resolved or not. We will further diagnose your problem if it persists.

Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

• @Support Dasaita I decided it was easier to set auto-sleep to 1 hour and allow it to reboot. I am happy to test 4.04 but if you want me to test 20230708 I would rather have it in the update.zip format. Othewise I'll test 20230703 and let you know how that goes. Thanks.

• @Support Dasaita I was able to apply the update with no issues. It will take several days of use to see if the issue returns. I still stand by what I said earlier, it would be useful to set the time out to a setting longer than one hour. I don't want the auto sleep to run indefinitely, but one hour is too short. There should be a more flexible way to handle this use case.

• @Richard Smith We will reflect the issue to our engineer and evaluate if it's neccessary. Just thank you for your advice and please feedback us after a few days test.