HA2100-S10 crashes randomly.

• Hi, I purchased a  HA2100-S10 from an Australian seller in November 2021, on the second day after installation the system crashed and the screen displayed just lines and colors. Thinking it may have had something to do with the installation I rewired the head units 12v supply, tried unplugging usb devices etc. after about a week, I had no further trouble for around 4 or 5 months, then it would occasionally do the same thing again, working fine then the screen goes haywire and everything stops. The only way I have fixed it is by doing a reset via the recessed button on the front or disconnecting the battery.  I have 2 other Dasaita head units and they have never done anything like this. The stereo is crashing pretty much daily now. There is a crack sound and the screen goes to lines of colors and the stereo no longer works. It will reboot if I reset or disconnect the battery from the stereo or even just turn off the ignition. I have done a full factory reset and it still does the same thing.

I have contected Dataita and the seller who have been helpful but have not resolved the problem. My last communcation with Dasiata was that they would off me a $30 discount on a replacment unit, not a great outcome for a stereo that did this from day one. The seller suggested a firmware upgrade, but with the usual disclaimers that if the unit is bricked, it is your risk.

For some reason I cannot upload photos

Do you recommend a firmware upgrade?

Hope this can be resolved,

Thanks

The HA2100-S10 PX30

The MCU is MTCE_HA_V3.58_1,

Kernal 4.19.111+

Ser D662BDB122B6D29E

• @Rob Maizels We are wondering if you can send us the order number and shopping platform of the headunit so that we can better assist you to solve the problem.

• I purchased this unit from a Dasaita reseller on ebay : a1_electric_toys. 

The unit was purchased in November 2021 and was installed begining of feb 2022. The stereo started crashing on the second day while I was still setting it up with navigation and DAB etc.

The unit was purchased in November 2021 and was installed begining of feb 2022. The stereo started crashing on the second day while I was still setting it up with navigation and DAB etc.

• @Rob Maizels

Thank you for contacting Dasaita.

Sorry to tell you that Dasaita warranty service only applies to first-hand purchasers. Users are required to retain their order information details and warranty certificates as evidence of purchase.

We strongly recommend that you purchase Dasaita products from official authorized stores to avoid any potential risks.

Thank you for your time and cooperation in this matter