Zlink sound keeps disconnecting wirelessly/wired

• I've tried emailing about the issue, but haven't heard back so i'm trying here.

I've had my unit for almost 3 years with no issues, suddenly I am having issues with Zlink for two months now. I use Carplay.

(Two months ago (December) I also updated my iPhone 14 pro max from iOS 16.1 to iOS 17.2.1 and these issues started to appear. I have tried using an older phone model with an older iOS but the issue still persists. So I am not sure if it's an issue from updating the phone. It could be a coincidence...)

I have emailed the team and updated my PX6 MAX 10 one month ago, and it almost fixed the issue.

What happens is that it'll work perfectly fine for around 1 hour then a high pitched static/pop sound will come up and it'll mute the Carplay sounds. It'll still be conntected, but absolutely no sound will come from zlink. Radio works fine, AUX works fine. This happens when the phone is connected wired or wirelessly. 

I am not sure what causes the sound to cut out so suddenly. It's completely random. I've tried factory resetting the radio, I've tried resetting the carplay settings on my phone. These are only temporary solutions.

I'm thinking Zlink might need a newer update, or maybe it's some hardware issue?

Specs:

2015 Toyota Camry Radio

MODEL: PX6(1280x720)

ANDROID VERSION: 10

ANDROID SECURITY PATCH LEVEL: May 5, 2020

GOOGLE PLAY SYSTEM UPDATE: NOVEMBER 1, 2019

BUILD NUMBER: rk3399-userdebug 10 QQ2A.200305.004.A1 eng.hct.20230803.111115 test-keys 

KERNEL VERSION: 4.19.111+ #285 Thu Feb 9 11:23:41 CST 2023

MCU version: MTCE_HA_V3.67_1 Nov 7 2020 13:29:42

CPU: Dual Core Cortex-A72 @1.8G Quad Core Coretex-A53 @ 1.5G

• @C L In this case, we are wondering if you could try to roll back to 20230302 MAX10 version which is more stable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w50x3fqkvhiv3f/ha3_rk3399_10.0_ota%2820230302%2B%E8%93%9D%E7%89%99MCU%29.zip?dl=0

• @Support Dasaita Thank you, I will try this and let you know if the issue persists next week.

• @Support Dasaita It is defintely a more stable version, I still get the static noise/audio cut out if I am driving for a longer period of time.

I have an audio clip of the sound if you need it. It is still random and cannot be predicted when it will cut audio out.

Now I also have a weird (minor) issue where putting the car into/out of reverse sometimes cuts out audio if played through AUX.

• @C L Hi customer, we are wondering if you have setup Settings > Car > Extra setting > turn on Reverse volume

• @Support Dasaita Yes, that option is turned on.

• @C L Do you mean that it's on but the issue is the same?

• @Support Dasaita Yes, that's correct! The option is on, but the issue still persists. As well as the carplay audio cutout issue that happens when I'm dirivng normally.

• @C L In this case, we are wondering if you would like to update the firmware to the vivid10 to check if the problem could be resolved.

telenav_vivid_rk3399_10.0_ota(20231102)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/v7707hov1gkj950zpt0pc/update.zip?rlkey=h0qynk6ehsy91yto3ka4frgt0&dl=0

We have not received such review like you said with MAX before, but has solved similar issue in the Vivid version before. Please kindly try update the firmware and Vivid UI is more beautiful.

• @Support Dasaita Thanks, I will try it when I have time today.

I have one more question,

If I update to Vivid, will I be able to go back to MAX if I have the same issues?

• @C L Yes, you could scroll back to Max if the problem persist.

• @C L Yes, you could scroll back to Max if the problem persist.

• @Support Dasaita Thank you! I will try the new Vivid update and let you know if there are more issues!

• @Support Dasaita The version booted up as "Vivid/Scout" had Carplay Audio cut out after 10 minutes.

I want to switch back to the MAX version I had before, (20230302 MAX10 version) it seemed to be the most stable for now... until a fix is made.

Can you tell me how? When I try to use the MAX file I had before, it boots to the recovery screen.

• @C L Please scroll back to the MAX10(20230302) version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w50x3fqkvhiv3f/ha3_rk3399_10.0_ota%2820230302%2B%E8%93%9D%E7%89%99MCU%29.zip?dl=0

•  

I unzipped and found the original "update" file and went back to MAX. I hope a fix is made for this reoccurring issue!

Will there be a MAX 10 update that will fix it in the future?

• @C L  MAX version is so old that we don't have it update now, the 20230302 is a stable firmware, if the problem could not be resolved, it may mostly be hardware associated issue.

• @Support Dasaita Do you think it is a wifi or bluetooth issue? Is there a part that I can replace on my unit?

• @C L We assumed the bluetooth module is not in good condition now. Replacing the mother board and core board is costly. Would you want to purchase a G12 which was new released? 

• @Support Dasaita I'll just wait for future updates on my unit, I don't want to buy another one if they doesn't last longer than three years with a weird issue like this.

• 1 / 2