Issues with 2023 Ford Maverick XLT


  • I'm currently having an issue where the steering wheel button to answer incoming calls (which is also the same button to skip songs forward) will not answer calls. When pressed, it will only continue to skip songs forward or switch to the next song if I'm listening to media. Is there a way to resolve this in the settings? Most of the settings for steering wheel controls appear to be greyed out.

    Thanks



  • @Justin L. Hi Justin,

    Do you mean that this was the original behavior of your factory radio?

    The steering wheel button was originally used for both:

    1. Answering Bluetooth phone calls;

    2. Skipping to the next song when playing media.

    After replacing the factory radio with our head unit, this button can no longer be mapped to the “Answer Call” function, correct?


  • That is correct. The button had dual functionality before. Now it can only skip songs forward. This is while using android auto as well.


  • So, anything on the subject or am I just going to expect not having the functionality your advertisement displayed I would? 


  • @Justin L. Could you please provide your order ID to us?So that we could better follow up the issue with you.


  • I purchased the item on Amazon. The purchase number should have nothing to do with the functionality of the device since this is the only item you have for the ford maverick. You should have the model number, the operating system into , and everything else realted to it because this is your device. If for some reason you don't, I will contact Amazon and have my money refunded. 


  • @Justin L.

    Hi Justin,

    Since your vehicle uses multifunction steering wheel button combinations, aftermarket head units are not able to retain those combined functions in the same way as the factory system.

    The buttons can only be assigned and used as single functions, and this limitation cannot be changed through software settings.

    On some Toyota models, it may be possible to achieve this by modifying the wiring, but unfortunately this type of wiring modification is not applicable to your vehicle.


Please login to reply to this topic!