Black screen after update

• I just tried to update to the latest Vivid 11 firmware, all seemed ok until reboot, then the screen just only shows the toyota sign (startup logo), it has been an hour like this. I now also tried resetting the device by holding the reset button for 15 seconds, then the screen becomes black (no buttons are flashing) untill I release the reset button, and the screen immediately shows the logo again, any idea how to solve this?

• @Arjan Neet which version of software did you have prior to that android 11 vivid upgrade?

• Hello!

I have the same problem. Anybody can help me with this problem?

• @Wyatt Earp how did you reach to a black screen?

What upgrade were you doing' from A10 to A11 via USB cable and Full image?.... from AX to AX via OTA file?....

• you can try:

1) Reflash again with USB cable mthod

2) use the Sd-Card Procedure like this video:

(146) Android 10 Update PX5 | PX6 | PX30 MicroSD method (ENG) - YouTube

• @Iker Gomez It was with USB and https://www.dropbox.com/s/r99sdn3fypn85es/HA3_rk3399_11.0_ota%2820220512%29%E5%8D%87%E7%BA%A7%E5%8C%85.zip?dl=0 and following Dasaita tutorial here in the web. After that the screen shows logo again and again. Av very very very complicated and stupid the upgrade process with Dasaita. If I have to disassemble the radio, I prefer to leverage warranty from Amazon to get a new product. I don't know how to reflash the product and how to get the IMG he shows in the video.
    Thanks for your help.

• @Iker Gomez Can you tell me how to reflash the unit? The links on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gURlqeCWXPU&t=23s are not working to download the tool.

• @Wyatt Earp I think you are wrong as you can not apply an OTA update by means of USB cable as the rockchip flash tool only recognizes full image files (.IMG). Nevertheless you can follow the video by means of using the same A11 full image (not OTA) and the rockchip tool for sdcards that you can download from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aC8AzBLyRGA_oFbJA7YM4TypmxSoNCDI/view?usp=drivesdk

• @Iker Gomez Hi Iker and one more time, thanks for your help.

Just for understanding, I wil try tu explain my issue.
    I have a Dasaita radio PX6 for Toyota RAV4. It was updated to MCU 3.78 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hd3ci3rp07ddnt/dmcu.img?dl=0 without problems.

I had problems with crashed applications like Waze, Chrome, etc.
    I decided to update from Android 10 to Android 11 following instructions in https://www.dasaita.com/a/help/article/26690 and pressing reset button 15 seconds. 

The process was good similar to sucessfull screens of document  https://www.dasaita.com/a/help/article/26690 but after that and select reboot, the radio shows Toyota logo and the operating system doesn't start. So the question would be: How can I restore the Android 10 system? I have downloaded the update.img CHS2_RK3399_10.0(20200424) and I'm waiting a SD 4Gb and a cable USB standard-A from Amazon. I think is the correct update.img for my unit, but I'm not sure. If it is wrong, could you send me the correct links?

If I save the update with SDDiskTool and I insert the SD card in the radio, it's bootable and the Toyotota logo disappear updating the unit or I need to connect USB standard-A from a computer to the unit RockChip_FactoryTool?

Sorry for the confusion, but I would like to recover the radio before to leverage the Warranty to obtain a new unit from Amazon.

Many thanks!

• on the dasaita's instructions for upgrading from A10 to A11 (available on this forum) IT IS NECCESARY THREE THINGS:

* A USB-A to USB-A cable

* a full firmware (not OTA)

* Rockchip flashing tools.

I couln't access to the URLs you posted, so I can imagine that you used a OTA update (update.zip) for upgrading from A10 to A11....so you have corrupted the Android ROM... as the recovery partition has not upgraded.

Considering that you dont have at hand the USB cable, the quickest wy to go back to A10 is by means of SDcard method (not always work)....but you can try.

Just Use the SDCARD (4GB or try with any other you could have at home)....and follow exactly the instructions per the video I posted.... but using the Image you have downloaded....just ensure that only the "upgrade" check box must be enabled on the SDCard Tool. reboot your unit with the SDcard insterted...and the card will do the magic....(it is bootable)

take into account that due to the slowness of the sdcard the upgarde could last upto 25min...be patient

• @Iker Gomez additional thing:

i dont think that warranty will cover this....as it is a software issue provoked by not following the instructions that are on the same site you get the A11 upgrade.

Any upgrade of the system is at your own risk.

The issues that you suffered (Chrome & apps cnot working) were solved just by removing the webView upgrade from google...

On several posts along this form it is said repeatedly that OTA files are not suitable for upgarding between Android versions....just to upgrade within the same ANdroid version.

Anyway...dont worry, as you will be able to get your unit alive back.

• @Iker Gomez I tried a boot from SD card with CHS2_RK3399_10.0_IMG(20200424) but one time I insert the SD card, the unit is dead, and does nothig. The screen stays black. If I extract the SDCard, the unit start again and shows Toyota logo again and again so no luck.

By means USB ports is impossible because the unit not recognize the USB stick. I think the radio is dead.

• @Wyatt Earp try all possible.combinations until you get into recovery or wait to your usbA wire to connect to a pc

• downloade latest update to my desaita unit.(Version 337) now it wont work.keep telling me Scout not reponding and the black screen

• @Telenav Scout .... check the issue of @Jose Cartagena 

Thanks