Vivid (Android 10) and Zlink - MFI chip not found issue

• Hello,

I can't get ZLink working on my head unit:

PX6 RK3399, MTCE_HA_V3.78_1

I have installed lattest VIVID version on my head unit and trying to get Zlink to work. It was not enabled by default, so I went to factory setting and picked ZLINK.

I am connected to internet and VIVID is activated but ZLINK doesn't work. I keep getting "MFI Chip not found."

Is it possible that my head unit does not have this chip and does not support Android AUTO?

• @Ed Vard it could be. Depending on which specific model you purchased. Would you mind to specify the details of your unit? Model and where did you purchase from?

• @Iker Gomez 

Purchased from Aliexpress seller MTKNAVI

Serial number D494E00096DA945C

Build number: RK3399-userdebug 10 QQ2A.200305.004.01 eng HCT2 20210311

• @Ed Vard probably you purchased a non carplay/android auto. With that information is very difficult. Your unit seems to be from 2021 .... So you never tried to use carplay in these 2 years?

Check your AliExpress purchase order to check what exactly you bought

• Yep, my alixexpress order says that carplay via USB dongle.. so I guess this is why the chip is not there. I had missunderstanding that all PX6 devices have this chip by default

• @Iker Gomez Seems that my head unit does not have integrated android auto chip. What are my options for getting Android Auto functioning? 

• @Ed Vard this is a special case for @Support Dasaita 

• @Ed Vard Please go to Factory settings > enter 126 > Apps to see if there is an carplay option. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

• @Ed Vard Or you could give us a screenshot of the Apps settings page.

• @Support Dasaita  Yes, there is Carplay option available in Factory settings. When I turn it ON, device reboots and Zlink App appears. But I am unable to activate it, and every time i start it , i get error:
    MFI Chip not found

• @Support Dasaita  Yes, there is Carplay option available in Factory settings. When I turn it ON, device reboots and Zlink App appears. But I am unable to activate it, and every time i start it , i get error:
    MFI Chip not found

• @Ed Vard Could you see any QR code or just error notification, please send us photo to show that?

• @Ed Vard You could also contact with MTKNAVI for help as they are not our store, the method that they provided may be different and we will not cover your warranty.