HA5457-Vivid10-CP-HD Problem

• Hello guys,

After a failed attempt to flash the hal9k frimware, my radio won't booting on.

When I turn the radio on, a picture of the hal9k image is displayed and it stays that way.

I'm not sure, if there is a problem with a wrong image or if there went something wrong, when I flashed the MCU partition.

When I try to do a reset, I am not able to get to the recovery, because the display turns black.

Firstly my biggest problem is, that I don't know, what the original MCU file would be for my radio. That's why I need that information. I would really appreciate it, if anyone of you could tell me, what would be the original MCU for my radio?

Secondly, I would like to know which method can I use in order to flash a new image (whichever I want or how can get into the recovery partition ?

Is anyone of you willing to help me out?

Maybe @Iker Gomez 

• @Kiki Jan I understand that you tried the Hal9k Android 10 ROM and your unit entered into a boot lopp... is correct?

In order that you can try again a OTA update, you must try to enter into recovery menu.

If this is not possible (as a last resource) you can try a complete flash.

For such operation, check this thread with detailed instructions:

https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/86408/incorrect-android-version-in-current-max10-px6-firmware-provided-by-dasaita-stuck-on-android-logounusable

In that thread is commented on how to enter into recovery partition as well.

Please tell us if you are able to recover your unit into life

• Hello, @Iker Gomez !

No, I am not stuck in a boot-loop. As soon as I turn on the device it starts booting up and then it shows the image like this one below (But from Android 10 and not like the picture from android 8) and stays that way.

As I said, it’s IMPOSSIBLE to get into recovery mode. The radio restarts when I press the reset button about 20sec , and instead of showing the recovery menu, it opens up an empty image. For me works am to 28 sec of this video and then comes blank picture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWm2t3TyO1A

The problem is that this radio won’t let me.

Could you please tell me what MCU file I need for my device?

I would like to try booting it up with a booting-SD card if that is possible, but I would need more info on how I can do that.

If you could lead me to the files that are needed for that,maybe one Link,  it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

• @Kiki Jan the only way to recover it is by full.flashing the software....go to the thread I pointed before and follow the instructions.

Download the A10 or A11 flash file. Flash it (you will need a usb-A to usb-A cable) and after that you can update normally (with the usb drive containing the update.zip OTA file) to the latest available update for the same android version you flashed 

Sdcard booting method is no longer working (at least for me)

• @Kiki Jan

Please kindly let us know if you can power off the item as the following instruction and check if you can enter the recovery page then.

1) Remove the Radio fuse of the car and wait 3 min

2) Plug it in again and Start the ACC of the car simultaneously you are pressing the reset button of the unit until you see the recovery menu.

If so, we suggest you to make a forced upgrade, here is the upgrade information.

Vivid 10 VersionMake Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 10

telenav_vivid_rk3399_10.0_ota(20230112)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fopysof68tx9b1m/telenav_vivid_rk3399_10.0_ota%2820230112%29.zip?dl=0

You can refer to the tutorial.

https://youtu.be/V5FAaeHLhlw

Here are some tips to help you get the work done(We advise you can use USB drive instead of SD card):

1.Please download the document via your computer/laptop,  then use the WinZip application to unzip the file.

2.Please make sure to format the USB drive(FAT32 Format)/SD card before copying the update file to it.

3.Please ONLY put Update.zip file to USB drive/SD card.

*Please note that all data on this unit needs to be wiped before updating the system, so back up important date if necessary.

4.Finally click the Settings > System > System updates to start the update.

Hope the above helps, please feel free to get in touch if you need any further assistance. (Note: Please don't upgrade the MCU in case there are system bugs)

• @Support Dasaita for the force upgrade that you are suggesting .... you need the unit to be booted.

When unit is not booting anymore and neither can enter into the recovery menu (with the procedure you described and the same is described on the thread linked before) the only way to recover it is by means of a full flash, as probably the boot partition is corrupted.

• @Support Dasaita

I have my radio at my desk and NOT in the car!

I can't go to recovery!

How do I get into the recovery page:

I press the RST-Button for about 8 seconds and the red LEDs start blinking a few times and then the radio resets.

I still hold the RST-Button the whole time!

Then the display turns back on and I'm still holding the RST button!

I've tried releasing the RST button after 10, 20, 30, 60 seconds and nothing happens!

The recovery page does not come!

@Iker Gomez

I installed drivers on two different laptops with Win 10 Pro, connected the radio with a USB A-A cable, started the program RKDevTool as an administrator and reset as described above!

Both laptops do not recognize a connection (just like when there is no cable connected!) with the radio. And in Device Manager no new device is shown!

The same I tried it and with FactoryTool 1.39 and also with the Rockchip Batch Flash Tool 1.7.
    No connection everywhere, which should be the case as the two laptops do not recognize a USB device!
    I have tried all the USB ports on both laptops, the same everywhere!

I have connected the radio to the white USB port. I think this should be OTG!?

AFTER,

I have an empty USB stick which lights up when in use, plugged into the USB port on the radio and the radio turned on!

The radio starts booting up as usual BUT what was interesting for me is that the LED on the USB stick didn't light up! Then I did a reset and the radio started to boot up again! The LED immediately started flashing as if the USB was being read by the radio!

I think if I prepare a suitable boot USB stick with the right files it can be flashed again!
    But I don't know how should I format the USB stick and what files do I need for such boot USB stick!

Do you have any information about it?
    And the second thing I have left at the moment is that I'm getting a NEW USB A-A cable, so what do you think?

Thanks
    Regards,

• @Support Dasaita

Don't you have anything to say? My radio is not even 1 year old!

If I take my core board out and send it to you can you reflash it?

Or sell me a new coreboard?

• @Kiki Jan Would you like to return the core board to our warehouse to exchange for a new one(but you should bare the round-trip postage)? If so, please contact with us via email(support@dasaita.com), we will provide further instruction.

• @Kiki Jan 

For the flashing method ... the headunit must be recognized by the flash software. 

The usb cable you must use is the one of the hradunit that only is conposed by a single usb postt (not the doble usb port cable)

With the unit shut down plug the unit to the Computer (usb-a to usb-a) and open the flashing software. then press the reset button and keep it pressed while you switches on the unit.....the unit must be detected as Maskrom mode on the flashing software. (This video shows this process:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MEiyCHo6qtjvguUoh4sjWjKZSRs0CgvU/view?usp=drivesdk

)

If you are not be able to detect the headunit with this process there is still an option:

It requires to build your own cable with two resistors an old usb cable and some cables (dupont) and basic skills for soldering.

If so contact me by PM