Bootloop ending up on Recovery :-(

• Hi guys.

Got my PX6 Device purchased in Nov 2022 working until last friday when it was stuck on Logo Screen and booting again after several times. I could drive all day with the system booting.

Recently the boot sequence ends up on the recovery screen, giving me two choices: Try Again or Factory Reset.

Tried both of them with no success. No good expectations here, since having this device stuck on boot screen on your car is a pain.

I'm think about entering Recovery Mode and flashing the HCT Firmware PX6 Android 11 from https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/36770/firmwares .

Before doing that, and avoid taking any risks, I'd like to ask for any Support / Advice / Best whishes.

Anyone on this situation in the past?.

Thank you.

• @Albert Rs We are wondering if you can send us the order number and shopping platform of the sku of the item so that we can better locate the issue and offer solution accordingly. Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

• Hello again.

Sure, I bought it on Amazon ES, order number was 408-7146697-5672330.

Thak you.

• @Albert Rs

In this case, we suggest you can make a forced upgrade. 

Here is the latest version via the link below:

Vivid 11 Version Make Sure your unit is PX6 Andorid 11

telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230425)

https://scout-ivi.s3.amazonaws.com/vivid/20230425/telenav_vivid_rk3399_11.0_ota(20230425).zip

Here are is video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5FAaeHLhl

Please send us photos aftere upgrading and let us know if the new version can solve your problem. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Hi Guys. We nailed it ! 😉

Patching was smooth and nicely done, worth to mention it did not show a message saying it was finished successfully, but you noticed when it ends since the Recovery Menu appears again with cursor on "Reboot Now".

Patching progress window

After a rebooting it went faster than expected, choose Vivid them and right to the main window.

I have to say it works really faster than before, Android Auto has a new Zlink version which connects wireless to my phone in a snap.

I'm really happy with the outcome, it feels like having a newer and better device.

I'm still concerned about the root cause of this situation and the risk of having the same corruption issue in the future. In the end, turning your engine off and make the system to be powered off it's just like some kind of hard reset which might not give enough time to shutdown properly. That's why I'm using the "Sleep Mode" option instead of "Power Off" hoping that will extend the Android filesystem health state. Time will tell.

Thanks for your support on this, team.

Cheers.

• @Albert Rs Thank you for getting back to us. We are trying our best to update the system to make more smooth and faster. If there's other confuse in the future, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will appreciate your cooperation.