back up camera wont popup automatically on vivid 11

• Hello everyone, I have a vivid 11 installed in my 2010 tundra and working through issues with it. The first one is I'm trying to figure out how to get the backup camera screen to pop up when I put the vehicle in reverse.  The camera works and I can view the image but have to exit carplay, select video page and select back up camera. Its very clunky and slow. 

• @Kegan Stack the problem is that your unit is not detecting the triggering of reverse camera.

Normally the canbus box is the device that detects such condition and sends the 12v signal to the unit through the reverse wire:

1) check which canbus you have selected 

2) check the wires (specially the reverse labeled one)

• @Kegan Stack Hi there, we have attached the wiring of the aftermarket rear camera. Please wire the harnesses accordingly and especially the cam vin and cam in.

• @Support Dasaita you are assuming that the user has an aftermarket reverse camera installed. I am assuming that he is using the stock camera and therefore different solutions must be addressed.

@Kegan Stack would you mind to explain better which hardware are you using? Did you installed by yourself the unit?

• @Iker Gomez According to the order detail, it must be an aftermarket backup camera as his factory head unit didn't have a screen. In this case, he should connect the reverse cable manually to activate the reverse function.

• Yes sorry, it's a aftermarket camera from master tailgaters. I get 12V when in reverse 

• @Kegan Stack Have you already connected the reverse cable manually? As your head unit is without canbus, you need to connect the reverse cable to get your backup camera automatically poped up.

• I don't see a reverse cable in my head unit. Only a "back" wire, this is connected to the camera trigger power wire. To be clear, I can view the camera image when in reverse, however, I have to fumble through pages to select it. 

I have verified the orange wire labeled "back" gets 12v when I go into reverse. 

I do not have a wire named reverse

this is a aftermarket back up camera installed by myself.

• @Kegan Stack Hey, the wire is not named reverse, it is a red cable, we have attached another cable to you. Please kindly wire the harnesses according to the photo below, pay attention to the red words. Hope you can send back a photo about the wirings so that we can check for you in the meanwhile.

• The power wire on my back up camera is GREEN (wire 2). It is shown in the photo before placed into the wire labeled "Back". I've attached photos of your wiring harness. There is no red wire. 

• @Kegan Stack There maybe some misunderstanding. We would like to tell you that you should connect the orange back wire with the red wire 2. Then connect red wire 1 to the positive of back light. Here is a video instruction that you can refer to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHORKUqlEM4

• @Support Dasaita in my photos I am trying to explain this to you. I have installed the back up camera per your video. And it still does not automatic pop up on my screen. Should I reload software? 

• @Iker Gomez it is a aftermarket camera, I have it connected per the instructions. Would reloading software be the next step?

• @Kegan Stack Please go to :Settings-car-factory settings-enter "126"-other- prohibit reverse-toggle on "Enable" Hope you can let us know if the setting can help.

• Unfortunately my issue still persists after changing the setting in the head unit. 

• @Kegan Stack did you ever get this figured out?

• @Kegan Stack Please let us know if your problem has been resolved or not.