Hello,
I’m looking for technical assistance with a Dasaita head unit installed in my 2016 Toyota Tacoma with the factory backup camera.
The primary problem is that when I shift the truck into reverse, the head unit automatically switches to the reverse-camera screen and displays the parking guidelines, but no camera image appears. Instead, I get the warning/error symbol shown in one of the attached photos.
I have done some troubleshooting that seems to narrow the problem down considerably.
In the Dasaita factory settings, I enabled F-CAM / Front Camera and rebooted the unit. When I then opened the Front Camera app, I was able to see a clear, live video feed from the truck’s factory rear camera. I have attached a photo showing this.
This appears to establish that:
There is another wiring issue that makes me suspect I may have been supplied with the wrong AV/camera harness or that something is missing.
The female yellow RCA connector coming directly from the back of the head unit is labeled “FRONT-CAMERA.”
I do not see an equivalent female RCA connector labeled Rear Camera / Camera In / CAM VIN coming from the head unit.
The supplied harnesses do contain yellow RCA leads labeled CAM VIN, but those CAM VIN connectors are male RCA plugs. Therefore, they cannot connect directly to the other male camera RCA connection.
In other words, from what I can find:
Head unit:
Female yellow RCA → FRONT-CAMERA
Supplied harness(es):
Male yellow RCA → CAM VIN
I have checked both supplied harnesses, and neither one appears to provide a female rear-camera RCA input.
This is what I am particularly concerned about. I would normally expect there to be a female RCA video input associated with the rear camera, but the only female yellow camera RCA I can locate coming from the head unit is specifically labeled FRONT-CAMERA.
The Toyota interface/CANBUS module supplied with the installation is:
Simple Soft RP2-TY-001
P/N: ZQ.RP2TY001-000
I have attached detailed photos showing:
Could you please help me determine where to go from here? I have already enabled rear camera in factory settings and ensured that canbus is on option 8.
