Vivid11 - Radio signal after auto-sleep

• @Support Dasaita

It's an issue that gets raised on XDA Developers, because some cars will allow current drain with ACC OFF and others will not. In my case (Toyota RAV4 Hybrid) the issue gets raised on the Toyota forums as well.

The basic assumption is that when ACC OFF is set to Auto Sleep, the unit will draw current at some small value (measured in micro-amps). If it is set to "One Hour", it will draw current for one hour and then stop (that is, current draw will be zero).

But the details are never provided, which is why people make their own assumptions.

As I said, some users would like the details exposed at the software level, so they can have more control over it. Allowing a parasitic drain for 24 or 48 hours is reasonable, but longer than that is a problem, especially for Hybrid vehicles.

And yes, I would love to know what your engineer has to say about it. I will continue my testing. Thanks. 🙂

• @Richard Smith OK, we have feedbacked your confuse to our manufacturer and they will check and compare the current draw during auto sleep and other delay time. 

• @Support Dasaita I installed 4.04 MCU and so far (knock some wood) the issue hasn't reappeared yet. I will comment in another week if issue returns or not. I still have it on auto sleep on my end.

• @Philippe Marsteau OK, really thank you for getting back to us. If you have other confusion, please feel free to contact with us.

• It's been a week and the issue of not booting at all has not occurred once since the MCU 4.04 was installed. At this point I am confident to consider this build fixed the issue

. @Support Dasaita I only noticed on some mornings the car starts a full boot instead of just waking up. I have it setup to go on sleep and wake up (see screenshot in previous post and not changed since). is there a reason it would cold boot instead of walking up? Or could this be another malfunction?

• @Philippe Marsteau We are wondering if the head unit start with cold boot every time you turn on the car or just some days. As upgrade will erase the original settings, please go to confirm if the "Shut down delay is still auto sleep" 

Look forward to your reply.

• I've had good stability with 4.04 and 20230703 so far. I'll try 20230728 next. Thanks.

• @Richard Smith If there is no malfunction with the 20230703, please don't upgrade that version.

• @Support Dasaita I updated ROM without flashing and setting is still auto-sleep. Also it does not do that on all ignition. Just some times, not sure what is triggering it. Car is never off for more than 6h in a row. Most of time it resume from sleep. Juste rarely boot up completely.

Also this morning, radio would not play. Everything else was working (CarPlay, beep when clicking the vivid interface, Spotify). Just no radio. Tried in vivid radio and radio app. I restarted the app (from vivid setting, restart option) which cause a full boot: then radio worked again.

I am mentioning it because that was the symptom on this original thread.

• @Philippe Marsteau We are wondering if you can go to the Car > Extra settings > Turn on the battery voltage display. Please give us a screenshot while you suffer from the issue that you mentioned above(the head unit doesn't wake up immediately as setting) Please turn on the head unit without turning on the car.

• Not sure to follow the request. There are two issues:

1/ the device wakes up but no sound in radio app (sound everywhere else)

2/ the device cold boots (full restart) instead of waking up.

which issue do you want me to capture battery voltage screenshot for? 

for issue 2/ this is useless, if system full boots showing the battery voltage would not display until full booted. Plus I always have the car full started (with alternator) not just on ignition, when issue occurs.

None of the 2 issues occurred recently. Please clarify which issue you need battery voltage for...

• @Philippe Marsteau We want to know the 2/ issue battery voltage after the cold boot to check if it's associated.

For your 1/ issue, we are wondering if you have gone to the Settings > Car > Factory settings > Enter "126" > to check the voice of the Radio.

• @Support Dasaita

for issue 1/ I confirm voice of radio is unchanged. A restart magically resolves the issue with no config change

for issue 2/ it hasn't occurred again, but if the radio cold boots I don't see how I could capture the voltage (whose display is always enabled btw)

• Just wanted to come back to this thread after a few months. I still get the radio input not coming back after waking from auto-sleep, but I found a workaround. If I cycle the unit with the Power On/Off intent bound to a wheelkey, that clears the issue without needing to reboot. It should be possible to incorporate the same logic into the auto-sleep function, but I'm not an Android embedded systems programmer. 🙂

Overall the issue is better with the recent firmware updates. Thanks again for all the help.

• @Philippe Marsteau Could you just send us the voltage on the display after the cold boot?